Hello my Beauties,
this time of the year i’m looking for fun & flirty colors, great textures and finishes, something bold but wearable and all that combined in a cute little tube. What am i talking about? Lipsticks!
Because i know how much most of you love anything lip – balm, gloss, stain, jumbos, liquid lipsticks related, i asked some lovely beauty bloggers from different countries to tell us more about their most favorite high-end spring & summer lipsticks, as well as their drugstore alternatives. It doesn’t always have to be a dupe, i’m just interested to find out what these ladies are tending to go for and why.
To start off i’m going tell you what i’ve been using for the past month.
1. Tarte Lip Surgence natural lip luster in Glisten has been one of my favorites for quite some time now and is probably my most high-end lip product i own. ($24.00) What i really enjoy about it is the fact that it’s mosturising & non-sticky. It’s a twist-up stick that gives enough peachy color to make your own lips pop, without being overpowering on your face. It has a finish of a shimmery, shiny gloss, that does’t dry out my lips.
2. L’Oreal Extraordinaire Color Riche Liquid Lipstick in 101 Rose Melody is my latest addition, ($9.99) as it just came out in Germany last month, but it already managed to become my go-to lip product for an everyday use. It has a light fruity scent to it, is luckily non-sticky and feels great on my lips.
The liquid lipstick comes in a glossy gold mirrored plastic tubes with a screw on lid, which i find very appealing. Rose Melody is a warm pink with a light shimmer in it, which make any pinkish lips look incredibly beautiful. I’m definitely going to try other colors from that collection.
It’s Kim from Sensible Stylista here! A huge thank you to Luchessa for setting up this AWESOME series up. I’m mad excited to share my favorite lipstick/lip gloss picks with ya’ll.
Here are my summery picks:
1. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Frost ($4.99) – I’m a HUGE NYX fan. I love their cosmetic line, but their lip glosses are especially awesome. Even coverage and great consistency! Plus, it smells like candy AND the packaging is adorable – there’s a bow on the cap. FYI: available in 26 different shades. I also love Sweet Heart and Frosted Beige!
2. MAC Lipstick in Playing Koi ($16) – MAC is my all-time favorite high-end makeup line! YAY for amazing lipsticks and eyeshadows. I make sure to always stock up on their products at the Cosmetics & Co. Factory Outlet. Anywho, this lipstick is my FAVORITE shade! It’s super girly! Whatever, don’t judge me! I love wearing pale pinks in the summer *grins*
Hi Lovelies, Nia here from Style of Colours.
During the Spring and Summer months, I usually go for more natural makeup and pick lipstick shades that more neutral. Although I am looking forward to venturing deeper into the orange lips trend, my favourite lipsticks shades at the moment are peach and pink.
In the summer, I generally reach for lipsticks with pink tones. As much as I am and will always
be addicted to reds, I usually prefer a lighter shade when the temperatures start to rise. Mind you,
I still love a vibrant and eye catching look. At the moment I have two pinks which I am using on rotation.
The packaging is streamlined, elegant and a pure joy to pull out of my purse. Ravenous, a sheer shade from the lip color shine line, is pure luxury in a tube. It’s made with exotic ingredients like chamomilla flower oil, soja seed extract and Brazilian murumuru butter which moisturize and condition my lips all day.On weekends, I like to leave my department store lipsticks at home and so I am always looking for an easy colour that I can slip into my pocket when I am on the go.
2) Revlon’s Colorburst Balm Stain is perfect for such days. My shade of choice is Lovesick. I am all about easy and lightweight lipsticks, and this one fits the bill. Since it’s a stain, it stays on all day and I am not constantly needing to re-apply. The gel is moisturizing and the colour is the perfect pink for me.
These are the spring & summer secrets the UK, USA, Latvia, Poland and Germany.